There are a number of stages in the application process for equity release. All applicants must receive advice from a qualified financial adviser but there are steps you should take before you reach that point.
- Get a good understanding of the types of equity release available e.g. lifetime mortgages and home reversions.
- Read a guide to equity release to see examples and definitions.
- Contact a financial adviser to obtain a personalised illustration.
- Apply to get your property valued through an independent surveyor. Your financial adviser can arrange for this.
- Receive an offer based on the valuation of your property.
- Discuss this offer with family or friends.
- Get independent legal advice with a solicitor of your choice to make sure you fully understand the terms of the offer.
- The final step is legal completion which can be arranged by your solicitor
We are able to help you through the application process, including providing the qualified advice that you require to apply for equity release.
For a free, no-obligation initial consultation call us on 0800 012 4181.