Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages - Lifetime Plans Originally From Northern Rock
Are you with Papilio UK? Chances are you could benefit from switching to another provider.
Use our instant calculator below to find out how much you could unlock and one of our specialist team will get in touch to give you all the information you will need.
If you are originally took out your equity release plan with Northern Rock, you should be aware that Northen Rock have left the equity release industry. When they left they sold their equity release book of customers to JP Morgan. JP Morgan use a servicing company called Papilio UK to administer your equity release plan.
Whilst not ideal, it does provide you with an opportunity to review your Papilio UK equity release plan, to find out if there is a better deal available.
You'll be pleased to know that interest rates have fallen since Northern Rock sold equity release plans, so it is likely you will be able to find a better deal. What's more, since they are no longer active in the market, Papilio may waive any early redemption fees that originally applied to your equity release plan.
It's important to put your home equity plan through a health check up and even more so in the case of Papilio UK as they are no longer offering any further advances to customers. You may have been sold a drawdown plan or been told that you would be able to release more money in the future. This will no longer apply so it is very worthwhile giving us a call to see if we can switch the plan to a more suitable plan from a lifetime mortgage provider who is active in the market.
We will be able to provide a full review of the Papilio/Northen Rock plan to see if there is a lower interest rate available. Interest rates are currently lower than Papilio rates by anywhere from 0.5% to 1.5%. A difference in rates like this can save thousands in roll up interest over the years.
You can call us on 0800 652 2955. Be sure to quote Papilio1 when calling for your free lifetime mortgage health check.
Why did Northern Rock leave the lifetime mortgage industry?
As you may have read in the newspapers, newcastle based Northern Rock went through a difficult period when the recession of 2008. They were amongst the worst hit in the United Kingdom and ended up being nationalised and then sold to Virgin Money. It was one of the first banks for over 150 years to suffer from a bank run, whereby customers queue around the block to withdraw their savings.
Northern Rock and Papilio UK show your equity release plan is safe
Despite the fact Northern Rock suffered these horrendous consequences of the Great Recession of 2008-2011, equity release customers remained safe and secure. JP Morgan stepped in to purchase the lifetime mortgage book and whilst there has been an inconvenience and your lifetime policy is now administered by Papilio UK Equity Release, there have been no significant consequences. This is a reminder of how equity release works, in the sense that you are borrowing money, not the other way round. It is a very different proposition to having a savings account in a bank and that bank suffering from a recession.
Who are Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd?
Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd are a lifetime mortgage servicing company and specialist purpose vehicle who work on behalf of JP Morgan looking after equity release customers, making sure that statements are sent on time and that work is completed correctly when a lifetime mortgage finishes.
The full company details are: Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Limited. They are registered in England and Wales with company number 07687338. Papilio's registered office is 35 Great St Helen's, London, EC3A 6AP. Papilio's trading office is also at that address.
Papilio have very little contact with equity release brokers like us and so we urge you to contact us if you have a Northern Rock lifetime mortgage currently held with Papilio as we are confident we will be able to help you secure a more favourable plan with a lender such as Aviva, LV= or Just Retirement.
Hi, I'm Matt from the Information Team, I'm here to help you along your journey.
(And yes, I'm a real person you can talk to)
If you are over 55 and have a property value over 70,000 then you could qualify for equity release.
We like to send all of our customers a guide in the post and via email.
Finally, we need to know a few more detail about yourself.
Tell us about your property
Let's establish a few facts about your property.
Thank you, now we need to ask a few questions to check eligibility.
First of all we need to know your age and the value of your property.
Now we need to know a bit more about you.
We need to know your address so we can post you a guide.
With most plans:
- Maintain 100% Homeownership
- All Money Released Is Tax-Free
- Continue To Live In Property
- You Can Gift An Early Inheritance
Using our calculators will show you:
- How much you can release and the latest interest rates
- The process involved in releasing equity from your property and how long it could take
- An overview of any potential fees that may be incurred by taking out a policy
- And you will receive a posted & digital copy of the Reader's Digest Guide to Equity Release
“Quality confidentiality and expert advice”
Our adviser was friendly well informed and totally impartial, giving advice without pressure to follow up and left us feeling content. Thank you
“Personally attended by a real life person, bravo”
I don't usually leave reviews as you don't usually get to know the company you work with but given this was a personal service from a real life person then I thought I would register and say well done!
Continue with confidence
What happens after I use the calculator?
- Once you have the correct figures and have read through our guide you could be ready for the next step which could be meeting or having a conversation with one of our financial advisers. Our financial advisers will lay the plans out in black-and-white, providing an illustration of exactly how much you can receive and what the costs will be.
Our initial consultations are free, relaxed and carry no-obligation to proceed.
- If you feel equity release is for you, our advisers will advise you on the best plan that fits your needs & priorities. From here, we would look to arrange an independent valuation on the property.
We have offers from the major lenders where a valuation can be offered free of charge (ask us about these).
- Once the valuation has been carried out, an offer will be instructed. You will need to visit a solicitor to discuss the offer before signing. If you don't have a solicitor we would be happy to put you in touch with a solicitor well versed in lifetime mortgage conveyancing.
- Once you have seen the solicitor and signed the documents, they will conduct their conveyancing work and you will receive a cheque in 2 weeks upwards.
Our record here is 9 days from application completion but we always say allow 4 plus weeks.
If you are interested in learning more, you can contact us on 0808 164 1804 to discuss your needs with a view to arranging a face-to-face home visit with one of our financial advisers.
Why choose a home visit?
We'd like to discuss with you the features and savings of the different plans that we have extensively sourced and negotiated on your behalf.
You'll be in the comfort of your home, explaining to a relaxed, mature, qualified adviser what you would like to achieve. Unlike our competitors, we will bring personalised quotes on the first visit so your priorities, goals and ambitions can be matched with sound, detailed advice on how you can achieve them.
- For your peace of mind in what is an important decision, we go further than our competitors. All advice we provide benefits from a second opinion from another one of our expert advisers. They will be sent the facts to look through, discuss the proposed solution and sign off the advice.
That way, you get twice the experience at the same cost and without any time or cost requirements to see more than one person.
- Our knowledgeable, qualified specialists offer expert advice you can trust.
They answer your most probing questions about future downsizing or care plans, the impact on inheritance, taxation and state benefits.
- You'll then be free to make the right decision based on high quality equity release advice and lots of clear information.
If you decide to proceed, you can arrange another free visit to help you with the paperwork.
- We only ever charge for all of this should you complete a plan and we don't expect payment until you receive your money. If you decide it's not right for you, we won't charge you a thing for our time.
It's an industry we're proud of and we want you to know all about it.